TV9
user profile
Sign In

By signing in or creating an account, you agree with Associated Broadcasting Company's Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Delhi car blast: Centre says all angles being probed; death toll at 8 | All you need to know

A massive explosion near Gate No. 1 of the Red Fort Metro Station in Delhi on Monday evening left at least eight people dead and several injured, triggering panic across the national capital. The blast occurred in a moving Hyundai i20 car bearing a Haryana registration number (HR26), damaging multiple nearby vehicles.

A high alert has been sounded in the national capital following the incident.
A high alert has been sounded in the national capital following the incident. Credit:PTI
| | Updated on: Nov 11, 2025 | 12:09 AM

New Delhi: A massive explosion near Gate No. 1 of the Red Fort Metro Station in Delhi on Monday evening left at least eight people dead and several injured, triggering panic across the national capital. The blast occurred in a moving Hyundai i20 car bearing a Haryana registration number (HR26), damaging multiple nearby vehicles.

The exact cause of the explosion is still under investigation, with officials not ruling out any possibility. Union Home Minister Amit Shah said a thorough probe has been launched, while Prime Minister Narendra Modi and other leaders expressed condolences. A high alert has been sounded across Delhi-NCR and several states.

Also Read

What we know so far

* A massive explosion occurred on Monday evening in a moving i20 car near Gate No. 1 of the Red Fort Metro Station in Delhi.

* The car, which had a Haryana registration number (HR26), was reportedly carrying several passengers when the blast took place.

* The explosion occurred towards the rear of the vehicle, but no crater was found at the site.

* No shrapnel injuries such as nails or wires were detected on the victims, and burn marks were minimal -- suggesting the blast may not have been caused by a high-intensity explosive.

* The vehicle is registered in the name of Mohd Shahid, according to RC of the car.

* At least eight people have died in the explosion, while several others were injured.

* Union Home Minister Amit Shah visited the blast site and later the LNJP Hospital, where most of the injured are being treated.

* Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed condolences to the victims’ families and has taken stock of the situation.

* President Droupadi Murmu, Union ministers, and opposition leaders, including Mallikarjun Kharge, Rahul Gandhi, and Priyanka Gandhi, also expressed grief over the incident.

* Home Minister Amit Shah said the government is keeping all possibilities open and has launched a thorough investigation into the cause of the blast.

* Teams from the Delhi Police Special Cell, Crime Branch, NIA, SPG, and FSL reached the scene immediately and began evidence collection.

* The DVR of CCTV cameras from the area has been seized for examination.

* The Special Cell and forensic experts are analysing the vehicle’s remains to confirm the exact cause and trace its number plate.

* The Delhi Police has established contact with the Haryana Police after confirming the car’s registration.

* A Special Cell team has been dispatched to Haryana for further investigation.

* Uttar Pradesh and Bihar have also been placed on high alert, with security agencies checking vehicles and monitoring public areas.

* The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) has issued a nationwide high alert, covering airports, Delhi Metro stations, heritage sites, government buildings, and other sensitive installations.

* High alert has also been sounded across Delhi-NCR and major cities, including Mumbai.

* The Chandni Chowk market, located close to the blast site, has been closed until tomorrow as a precautionary measure.

* Fire and rescue teams, along with five fire tenders, were deployed immediately after the incident to control the blaze and secure the area.

{{ articles_filter_432_widget.title }}