TV9
user profile
Sign In

By signing in or creating an account, you agree with Associated Broadcasting Company's Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Hong Kong fire death toll increases to 128, many still missing

Hong Kong leader John Lee said contact had been lost with 279 people early Thursday. Three people including directors of a construction company have been arrested so far in connection with the incident.

| Updated on: Nov 29, 2025 | 02:30 PM

The death count in the deadly Hong Kong fire has increased to 128, while many people are still missing, with firefighters hoping to wrap up the rescue and search operations this morning. The fire, one of the worst blazes the city witnessed in nearly 80 years, broke out at Wang Fuk Court, a massive apartment complex in the northern district of Tai Po on Wednesday.

c and was wrapped in bamboo scaffolding and green mesh. Hong Kong leader John Lee said contact had been lost with 279 people early Thursday. Three people including directors of a construction company have been arrested so far in connection with the incident.